Application Information for the Harold E. Johns Travel Award
The next application deadline is Friday, May 12, 2023.
Applicants must apply online with the following information:
- One-page proposal indicating the course they wish to attend or the name(s) of the institutions they would visit and the reasons for their choice.
- Estimate of the costs involved. If proposed expenses exceed the value of the award, please indicate the source for the additional funds required.
- Letter from your present employer indicating that they are in agreement with your proposal.
- For a visit to an institution, the candidate must provide a letter of support for the visit from the institution.
- Curriculum vitae
- Three (3) references that the selection committee could contact. No reference letters are required.
The selection committee reserves the right to contact additional individuals or institutions.
A panel appointed by the Board of the College will choose the award recipient. Their choice will be based upon: 1) the written proposal submitted by the applicant, 2) references obtained by the committee, and 3) membership exam results. The award will be announced at the Annual General Meeting of the College. Recipients will have two years after their application deadline to complete their travel and will be required to submit a short report to the InterACTIONS newsletter.
Applicants who are unsuccessful in any one year and still eligible in subsequent years may have their applications considered again by writing to the Registrar and providing any necessary updated information.
For questions, please contact email@example.com
Geetha Menon, PhD, FCCPM