Individuals who wish to be certified to perform the physics component of the CAR Mammography Accreditation Program must have one the following credentials:
1. Certification in diagnostic radiological physics by one of:
- Canadian College of Physicists in Medicine (CCPM)
- American Board of Radiology (ABR)
- American Board of Medical Physics (ABMP)
2. A degree in Physics or related subject from a recognized university. Notwithstanding, other applicants may be considered in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the Committee on Physics of Mammography Certification but with the approval of the College Board.